Pinniger Finch provides a legal service with that personal touch to help you through what can be a difficult time.
We handle a variety of family matters, including:
- Financial settlements
- Separation Agreements
- Disputes over Residence and Contact with Children
- Pre Nuptials (English Courts remain unimpressed with these)
- Disputes between Cohabitees including disputes over joint ownership of property
The court will only grant you a divorce if a judge agrees that your marriage is at an end. The legal term for this is ‘irretrievable broken down’.
In order to show that your marriage has ‘irretrievably broken down’, you must show one of the following:
- Adultery by your husband or wife
- Unreasonable behaviour by your husband or wife
- Desertion for a period of at least two years
- Two years' separation, if you both agree to the divorce (i.e. with consent)
- Five years' separation, if there is no agreement to the divorce
Before or after a divorce is finalised, a couple are likely to have many outstanding financial, family and personal issues that they must deal with before they are able to continue with their lives as unmarried individuals.
In particular, a couple may have legal issues concerning their: