Pinniger Finch provides a legal service with that personal touch to help you through what can be a difficult time.
We handle a variety of family matters, including:
- Financial settlements
- Separation Agreements
- Disputes over Residence and Contact with Children
- Pre Nuptials (English Courts remain unimpressed with these)
- Disputes between Cohabitees including disputes over joint ownership of property
The court will only grant you a divorce if a judge agrees that your
marriage is at an end. The legal term for this is ‘irretrievable broken
In order to show that your marriage has ‘irretrievably broken down’, you must show one of the following:
- Adultery by your husband or wife
- Unreasonable behaviour by your husband or wife
- Desertion for a period of at least two years
- Two years' separation, if you both agree to the divorce (i.e. with consent)
- Five years' separation, if there is no agreement to the divorce
Before or after a divorce is finalised, a couple are likely to have many
outstanding financial, family and personal issues that they must deal
with before they are able to continue with their lives as unmarried
In particular, a couple may have legal issues concerning their:
If there are children under 18, the court must be satisfied that proper arrangements are being made for their welfare. In most cases, this is achieved by negotiation and agreement between the parties.
WE DO OFFER FIXED FEES ACROSS THE WHOLE SPECTRUM OF FAMILY MATTERS AND WE CAN TAILOR COSTS ACCORDINGLY AND HELP ARRANGE PRIVATE FINANCE IF REQUIRED. IN ADDITION WE KNOW THE COURTS DO WISH TO MAKE USE OF THE RELATIVELY NEW 'LEGAL SERVICES ORDERS' WHICH ALLOW THE COURTS TO ORDER A PARTY IN DIVORCE FINANCIAL PROCEEDINGS TO PAY FOR THE LEGAL ADVICE OF THE OTHER PARTY, see the decision of Mostyn J in Rubin v Rubin  EWHC611 (Fam)
Please contact Bill White on 01373 823791 in respect of the above
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.